Just as time can bring sagging skin and wrinkles to our faces, it often takes an even greater toll on the neck, in the form of unattractive folds or “turkey wattle,” bands of fat and muscle, or sometimes the loss of neck fat.
Neck rejuvenation can provide dramatic results, either when performed alone or in combination with other plastic surgery procedures. Aside from conveying a younger appearance, a more elegant and youthful neck can also give the impression that you’ve lost weight.
Who Should Consider Neck Rejuvenation?
- Neck rejuvenation procedures are intended for people whose necks have loose, sagging skin or vertical bands of fat and muscle, or who have lost neck fat. If you've recently lost a lot of weight, your neck may display folds and excess skin.
- For the best results, these procedures are often performed in combination with other plastic surgery techniques, such as the Facelift or Chin Augmentation.
What Does the Procedure Involve?
- The patient will typically receive local anesthesia and sedation, or general anesthesia.
- Neck rejuvenation, also known as a necklift, may involve several different techniques, tailored to fit the patient’s needs. Among those procedures:
- Cervicoplasty: The removal of excess skin from around the neck. Dr. Goldman trims parts of the skin and lifts it into place.
- Platysmaplasty: The removal or alteration of neck muscles. Dr. Goldman makes an incisions under the chin to gain access to these muscles.
- Liposuction: The removal of excess fat. Small cannulas are placed in incisions behind the ears and under the chin, then are used to suction the fat.
We also offer Non-Surgical and Laser Therapies options for neck rejuvenation.
What is Recovery Like?
- Depending on the nature of your neck rejuvenation procedure, you can expect some swelling and localized bruising, which can be disguised with makeup and may last up to 10 days.
- Dr. Goldman may outfit you with an elastic compression bandage that is wrapped around your neck and head. You will need to wear this garment at night for at least two weeks after surgery.
- Most people return to work within 10 to 14 days of neck rejuvenation procedures, but you will need to wait at least three weeks before taking part in rigorous physical activities.