Sagging eyebrows or deep furrows between the eyes have a way of making people feel misunderstood. Regardless of how they’re really feeling, these traits can make them look perpetually angry, tired or worried.
A forehead lift (also known as a browlift) is a relatively straightforward procedure that can rejuvenate your look by reducing frown lines, skin creases, and “hooding” over the eyes.
Who Should Consider a Forehead Lift?
- Forehead lifts are intended for people who have deep wrinkles in their foreheads or overhanging brows that make them look angry, worried, or tired.
- Most patients who undergo forehead lifts are between 35 and 70 years old.
- For the best overall results, forehead lifts are often performed in conjunction with other plastic surgery procedures—for example, Eyelid Surgery or a Midface Lift–to give their face a more natural appearance.
What Does the Procedures Involve?
- The patient will typically receive local anesthesia plus sedation, or general anesthesia.
- There are several approaches to forehead lifts, but in all of them, the goal is to create a more youthful, brighter appearance of the brow. These approaches vary based on the type of incision that is made. The vast majority of brow lifts performed by Dr. Goldman are done in an endoscopic, minimally invasive approach.
- In an endoscopic brow lift, Dr. Goldman makes several small incisions just behind the hairline, and uses lighted scopes and instruments through those incisions to manipulate the tissues. The brow is released from its attachments at the lower forehead and is elevated into a more natural restored position.
What is Recovery Like?
- Although patients tend to recover faster and easier from endoscopic forehead lifts, some swelling, numbness, and temporary discomfort can be expected. Dr. Goldman can prescribe pain medication for you.
- You can generally return to work or school in seven to 10 days, but you must avoid strenuous activity for up to two weeks.
- Bruising and swelling generally go away within a few weeks. In the meantime, you can wear makeup or use anti-bruising cream to conceal these discolorations.